[KENTA Update] Following the WWE contract signing in Osaka, Japan on July 12th, KENTA was part of a public press event today at the Hard Rock Cafe in Roppongi, Japan.
He first stated that he was a bit nervous to attend the public contract signing with the Hulk Hogan and he tried his best to “keep his composure”. It was a great honor to stand in the ring with him and very special moment as well for himself.
KENTA said that he is working on “setting up his residence in Orlando, Florida and is looking forward to training in the WWE Performance Center.” That it is a “great facility with a lot of great equipment” and one that he does not mind starting from the bottom if that is what he gets to work with. He mentioned that he is still quite “inexperienced with the English language”, but it is currently his “biggest hard work in progress”.
As for his name, KENTA mentioned that is “solely in the WWE Headquarters hands.” He said that there is a “possibility” that his ring name will be changed, but stated with a smile that “any number of names with do”. Even something like a “TANAKA or TOYOTA” which he mentioned himself. He is prepared for anything. He also mentioned that he knows he will have to adjust his in-ring style and adapt to the changes. But that he will do his very best.
He also mentioned the names of Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) and Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) who have been in Japan and who have reached the top front of the WWE. He said that it it is reassuring to himself that there are talent that he personally knows in the WWE. He also mentioned John Cena and Rey Mysterio as wrestlers that the entire world knows, but at this time he has little expectations of being on that same level, he said with a laugh. He then said that WWE is the top of the wrestling organizations in the world and that it has been his dream to stand on the big stage, if just at least once in his life. He currently does not know what to expect now that the doors are open, but he will do his best from day one.
Really, really hoping they don’t fuck this one up.
Man Knocked Unconscious After Defending Group of Women From Catcallers →
A man who police say tried to defend a group of women from catcallers landed in the hospital after he was brutally assaulted in Philadelphia’s Rittenhouse Square early Saturday morning.
But catcalling and street harassment are just about complimenting ladies and never about establishing power or male dominance, right?
But women should just stand up for themselves against potentially violent harassers if they don’t like being catcalled, right?
But catcalling only hurts the women who let it bother them, right?
But catcalling is harmless, right?
"just tell them to fuck off"
oh what you don’t understand is,when we tell them to fuck off this is what happens.
doesnt childish gambino hate blk women and fetishizes asian women uh..
Yes!!! He’s a class A boob. Here’s why from yourfaveisproblematic:
- SO MUCH MISOGYNY in his music
- Thinks rape jokes are fine and hilarious: “I think it’s odd that you can’t joke about rape, when people joke about murder all the time. A lot more people are dying than getting raped. I think it’s a comedian’s job to make everything funny. Nothing is off-limits.”
- His sketch “Bro Rape”, starring him as the rapist
- “My sister has mental problems, but I use the word ‘r****d’ in my comedy. Do I love her any less? Would I go up to a mental ward and say: ‘You’re idiots’? No. I would never do that, but sometimes saying r****d is funny, it’s a release.”
- “I know people are right to complain, but those kids who say ‘m**g’ or ‘r****d’ won’t stop saying it, just because a comedian does.”
- He consistently fetishizes Asian women
- Lyrics linking Virginia Tech massacre to Asian people as a whole
- I don’t even want to begin to unpack his role on Girls (see the Lena Dunham YFIP post here), but luckily Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was kind enough to do it for us
- “Sometimes I just want to be seen as a sex object. I’m sure girls feel that way too.”
- Nice Guy syndrome
- Says “f****t” a whole lot (this video is one example, but he also does it a lot in his music)
- Has a joke entitled “Fighting a Midget”, which starts with him saying, “I got on the subway, and this little person came on the train. Are there any little people in the audience? No? Good, I’ll say midget”
- “I’d much rather have AIDS than a baby… They’re not that different, you guys… They’re both expensive. You have them for the rest of your life. They’re constant reminders of the mistakes you’ve made. And once you have them, you pretty much can only date other people who have them. What’s the difference?”
- Some real weird internalized racism: “I was having sex with this girl. And we were towards the end. And she goes, “Fuck me hard with that [n-word] dick.” And I stop… look at her right in the eye… and I came harder that I ever cum before. It was so awesome, you guys… It was almost worth being black my entire life”
- Enforcing the fake geek-girl stereotype. When asked what Childish Gambino groupies are like, he responded: “Pretty girls who try to be geeks but obviously aren’t. [adopts hipster tone] “Oh, I wear glasses and my hair is in a pigtail.” You’re hot! You’re not fooling me! There are no lenses in those glasses! But it’s awesome.”
- “I have an obsession with books about kids with Asperger’s syndrome. I like the way they think - it suits me. The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time by Mark Haddon is great. That and [Jonathan Safran Foer’s] Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close - they’re on a separate bookshelf. They don’t understand what the other books are saying by their facial expressions, but they’re perfectly lined-up.”
- “Filipinos [are the] black girls of Asians" (remember that he says he dislikes black girls)
- “I’m blowin’ up like my swagger on the Gaza/I’m writing movies/where I’m making out with Aubrey Plaza/And homegirl my homegirl, it is not like that/But if she tried to rape me, I would not fight back”
- “I guess for a dude it’s never gonna be totally awful. You can’t really get raped unless it’s by a dude. If a girl forces sex on you it’s like, yeah, it was awful…but I had sex! I wasn’t in the mood…but I was hard.”
- Really bad Nice Guy Syndrome in his lyrics: “I’m a nice guy, that’s why you broke up with me”
- Ableist lyrics in song “Bonfire” (I made the beat r******d, so I’m callin’ it a slow jam)
- These tweets
like i’m so confused as to why y’all ride so hard for him
wow wow wow wow
Donald Glover is a piece of shit
Will never think of him the same way again.
Well. Okay then.
"Bo Dallas is the moistest of the moist. No member of the WWE roster is more wet than Bo Dallas. “Oh, man,” says Reigns, laughing. “Bo … I really hope this becomes a thing and he takes all the heat off [The Shield members] for being wet. He is … it’s ridiculous how wet he gets. He wears a merch shirt. It looks like he’s got one of those surf shirts on, like he’s at a water park or something. It’s ridiculous. I think me and Seth would be the second-wettest. We have have had a discussion, a group of us, talking about who’s the wettest. I said, ‘I usually bring, I dunno, a couple water bottles.’ And [Bo] was like, ‘Bro, try five.’ He dumps five water bottles on his head before he goes out there.”"